it's SO hard not to eat the whole cake!
1 lb. semisweet chocolate (coarsely chopped)
1 lb. unsalted butter (diced)
1 cup freshly brewed espresso
1 cup brown sugar
8 eggs (beaten to blend)
1. Line bottom of a 9 inch diameter cake pan with 2 inch high sides
with parchment. Place all chocolate in large bowl.
2. Bring butter, espresso and sugar to boil in medium saucepan,
stirring to dissolve sugar.
3. Add chocolate; whisk until smooth and cool slightly.
4. Whip eggs till blended. Stir eggs into chocolate mixture until blended.
(Do not whip)
5. Pour batter into prepared pans. Place cake pan in roasting pan.
Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come halfway
up sides of cake pan.
comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 45 minutes
7. Remove pans from water and chill cake overnight.
8. Cut around pan sides to loosen cake. Using oven mitts as aid,
hold pan bottom over low heat for 15 seconds, warming slightly
to release cake. Place platter over pan. Hold pan and platter
together tightly and invert. Lift off cake pan; peel off parchment
and dust top of each cake with cocoa powder.
9. Cut cake into ten slices and garnish with fresh raspberries
and raspberry sauce.(raspberry sauce can be made by
simmering raspberries in a little butter or more easily
by microwaving raspberry jam/jelly)
Zestfully, Let's Cultivate Food