September 11, 2011

Egg in the Hole

What's great about eggs is that you can eat them any time of the day. Matter of fact,
almost all  breakfast food is good any time of the day or night! I like to take some bread,
(I decided to use cinnamon raisin this time) and cut a hole in the bread.


You can use a small bowl or something that you can just simply push into the bread.


They don't have to be perfect holes. The circle shaped holes that came from
the center of the slices of bread go to a very special place. The special place is
called your mouth! That's also the great thing about cooking food,
having fun creating things but eating it- not just when you are done but
WHILE you are making your creations!


Put your bread on an oven safe pan with a small drizzle of oil.
Carefully crack your egg in the hole of the bread.
I add a sprinkle of salt and then place it in the small toaster oven.
(You can use a regular oven as well of course) 
I usually bake it for about 9-12 minutes or so.
Then, I like to enjoy my "Egg in the hole" !