February 8, 2012

Cube It, Shove It and Share It!

I guess you could say I like Buffalo Sauce. Here is a fun loaf that you can share with your vips,
you know,  your... very important peeps aka: friends and family.
This really easy recipe is ridiculously simple.

Recipe: 
1 loaf of good crusty bread, 
1/4-1/2 pound of sliced deli meat (your choice)
1 hearty handful of shredded cheese (your choice)
and a drizzle of olive oil


For the one I made, I got a 7 grain crusty bread, 1/4 pound of sliced chicken breast 
from the deli counter and shredded cheddar cheese. 


I took the chicken breast and chopped it up into small bite size pieces.
I took the loaf of crusty bread and cut the bread into square pieces almost
like a grid with a paring knife. Right about now is when 
you should preheat your oven to about 350 degrees.





Some of the squares might fall out on you... but who cares! right?
I made quick buffalo sauce with about an inch of butter melted in the pan and Frank's Hot Sauce.
I mixed the Buffalo sauce with the chicken breast. I took a spoon and literally shoved the chicken
pieces into each crevice of the loaf of bread. I added a drizzle of olive oil and then topped it with
a heavy handful of shredded cheddar cheese.



Pop the loaf into the oven for about 8-10 minutes or until the cheese melts. You can turn the
oven to broil for the last 5 minutes or so if you want your cheese to get really crusty and almost burnt.


This recipe was adapted from Rachael Ray's Cheese Steak Loaf. This loaf is a great appetizer
to obviously be shared... and great with Blue Moon and of course an orange wedge!