April 9, 2012

Fast Maryland Crab Cakes

When I think of crabs, I think of the shore and summer.
Even though it isn't summer just yet-
I wanted to make some crab cakes at home.

This is a pretty quick and easy way to make them at home.



Ingredients:
1 egg
2.5 TBSP of mayonnaise
1.5 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 stalk of celery diced up finely
2 TBSP finely chopped parsley (maybe 6-8 stems)
1 pound- (ish) of crab meat
1.5 cup of Panko bread crumbs
drizzle of oil (any oil is fine)

I mixed all these ingredients in a bowl, stirred them, formed them into
little patties and fried them.   You could also lay them on a pan and bake them
on 400 until each side gets brown.
I recommend frying them in a pan on the stove though!






A squeeze of lemon makes seafood even better including these crab cakes!