June 16, 2012

Black and White Cupcakes


Have you ever seen the black and white cookies?
Better yet, have you ever eaten black and white cookies?



They are often found in bakeries in New York and Northern Jersey.
Sometimes the cookie is also known as a half and half cookie or even half moons.
They are a lemony shortbread cookie with half and half vanilla and chocolate icing.
Hence half & half or black and white cookie.

I decided I wanted to make a black an white cupcake.
I usually have a reason or occasion to make something
especially when it is something baked...
but I made these cupcakes for no special reason.

Sounds like I have nothing to do huh...
I've got so much to do I don't know if I'm coming or going actually
BUT... this is how I de-stress----- being in the kitchen.

This is the way I made them but you can just use vanilla cake and
chocolate cake. Here are the pictures below. It's pretty self-explanatory.