January 15, 2014

Overheard a conversation the other night...

I was at a Chinese restaurant a few nights ago and
over heard this conversation at the table right next to us.
The restaurant was slightly busy but the girls next to us were
quite loud in their conversation...

The conversation went something like this:

Older Sister: (in a very snotty tone) "I don't eat Asian food."

Younger Sister: "What are you talking about?  You don't eat Asian Food.?"

Older Sister: (again in a snotty tone) I don't do Asian food.
I have NEVER eaten any Asian Food. I DON'T DO ASIAN FOOD!"

I was pretty mortified (since I am Korean-- that's Asian by the way)
of the tone especially since the server was standing right there ready
and waiting to take their order.

As the server patiently stood there to take their order
the older sister had her arms crossed at this point
and was pretty much huffing and puffing in a way.

The young sister at this point said, "That's enough,  just look at
the menu and order something."
         
Older Sister: (not having even opened the menu yet) yells again,
in this rude and snotty tone- "whatever, I know I won't find a
single thing I like."  she finally opens the menu and
screeches out   "Oh! General Tso's. I LOVE General Tso's chicken.
 I'll order that and I'm not sharing any with you!"

Younger sister: "How can you say something like that?
You love Chinese food. I know for a fact  that you've eaten Chinese food."

Older sister: "I've never heard of Asian Cuisine. I thought it was
some weird crap. They should put on their menu that they
have Chinese food also not just Asian cuisine.

Younger sister: "You do know that China is a part of Asia right!?!-
What's wrong with you?!?!"

Older sister: "No, I didn't know that. I thought China was an island.

Overhearing conversations like this really makes me annoyed but also
it makes me wonder are these people real? I'm certainly not an expert
in geography and all but.... that's pretty much all I can say... but... really? HUH?


was slightly mortified,  Let's Cultivate Food