February 6, 2014

Sushi Rolling In-Home Cooking Class

I've encountered so many people who don't eat a certain type of food
because they have never tried it before and they simply "think"
they don't like it... even if they have never tried it!

I think it's pretty important to have kids try all kinds of foods as well.
Too often and sadly, kids end up sometimes with a limited palate
all because their parents had a limited palate and only gave them what they
enjoyed.  I think this happens quite often with certain veggies and seafood
most commonly.

During our Sushi rolling class with S & A... this was not the case
but it often can be with sushi.  I remember the first several times
I tried sushi and sashimi and I certainly DID.NOT.LIKE.IT at all.
I think I tried it at least 3-4 times before starting to enjoy it.
Now, I just can't get enough.

Sushi is a popular menu choice for Let's Cultivate Food's
In-Home Cooking Classes AND also for Personal Chef dinners.

Below are a few pics of one of many In-Home Classes we have completed.
S & A were such a great couple. They were so eager and excited
to learn how to roll and make sushi. It was a blast to share an evening
with them! I start with a demo with the fresh ingredients I bring to your residence.


Eager learners really do learn SO quickly... they start rolling their own rolls in minutes!
We try to do a variety of different kinds because... the more the better! RIGHT!?!



'S' learned the trick of how to evenly cut the roll pieces.  Pretty easy trick
once you know- often that's how it is- it always seems easy once we know
how to do something!

'A' rolling out the 'sushi' rice evenly out onto the nori.  (Sushi rice is different than 
regular long grain rice) Many people don't realize that sushi rice is different
AND that some premium pieces of nori are $4-7 a sheet! WHAT!?!

Regular and inside out (aka: naked rolls) So many combinations can be fun!

Tada!  S & A made their first EVER tray of a variety of sushi and veggie rolls!


Zestfully Let's Cultivate Food