May 15, 2014

Re-GROW your scallions!

More often than not,
I try to teach and share with students that you can
very easily re-grow your herbs and veggies.

In this case...  it has become more like scallions galore.



















Two weeks ago, Let's Cultivate Food participated in a Festival
and I had to use some scallions for the Buffalo Chicken Dumpling filling.
I cut the root end off at about 2 inches and placed them in a plant pot- 
all lined up only because there were so many. The only thing in the pot
is water, no soil or anything else.  I've been so busy with Festivals
and Personal Chef Dinners lately that I simply placed the roots in the
corner of the kitchen floor and would just add water every 3-4 days
and in a way they have been completely neglected. 

Low and behold 2 weeks later... they have re-grown into a pot of scallions galore.
I love gardening and growing and re-growing in this case...
thus the name "Let's Cultivate"  There are SO many things one can do
with a simple scallion.... starting with simply re-growing them!


Let us cultivate herbs Let's Cultivate Food