October 2, 2014

Pumpkin Bread

Today, I'm embracing Thursday with some Pumpkin bread.
I have a half time show in Washington DC at the Kennedy Center
that I'm participating in this weekend...  well,
performing the half time show, actually...
that's another story... OR... if you'd like to know more...
you can check out www.phillybumpball.com

I also have a cousin that lives in the DC area and she will
be receiving some baked goods.  shhhh don't tell her though.


Of course, I had to make more than one loaf...   I HAD to gobble up, 
I mean,  taste test some to make sure it would be good enough to gift.   
It past the test!

The recipe is as follows:
4 egg yolks
1 cup oil
2/3 cup water
1 can of pumpkin puree (I used 15oz)
1.5 teas salt
1 teas cinnamon
1 teas nutmeg
2 teas baking soda
3.5 cups flour (I used all purpose)

Place your pan in the center of the oven on 350 degrees 
and bake for 35-40 minutes.  The best way to tell when they're 
done is to take a toothpick and see if the toothpick comes out clean.  
After 30-35 minutes- I usually turn the oven off and leave the bread 
in the oven for the last 10 minutes to cook off/finish off.

I'm pretty sure my cousin is going to be super delighted!


Zestfully Let's Cultivate Food