January 9, 2012

Tumble.... Trip, I mean Tupperware

Everyone has an expression or even a phrase when they come to realize something,
something they probably might of even known but just never thought of and
that moment might be called... something.  For example, just like the way
Oprah Winfrey has her "Aha Moment"
I have a phrase that I use, called  "7 years".  It's basically the same as an "Aha Moment"
but I just say seven year-uhrs. It's not a question or a statement really.
It came about when my mom used to own a flower shop many, many years ago.

It was one year during Valentines season (yeah it was a season especially the prep part of it)
We realized we could hang pre-made ribbon from the ceiling rather than stacking them
in large bins where they would get smushed and just take up space...
(we're talking about making and storing about 300 pre-hand made ribbons)
Anyhow, we realized it and quite simply, it was into year 7.  So I then commented
with "7 year-uhrs"- seems quite uneventful I know, but it's totally one of those
you had to experience and be there--- kind of moments.

So I wanted to share something that was a 7 years moment for me over
the Christmas season. My sister-in-law Julia was in the process of wrapping
some left over Shrimp Mac and Cheese when I noticed she went over to the
side table that she has and took a tupper ware container out of a large plastic bin...
that's when it hit me. Here is the reason why- one of my bottom cabinets
in my kitchen looks like this---during a good week...


Something always falls over EVERY. SINGLE.  time I open this cabinet.
Even though it gets organized and stacked nice and neatly, it's only a matter of-
literally the next time when something falls over AGAIN!
So when I saw she took out a container from a large container...
it made sense and it would only be a matter of purchasing a large bin.
The other week I noticed there were bins on clearance for 75% off. Cha-ching!
So I cleaned out my cabinet and stacked all the lids in one bin and
the containers in a second bin.


After stacking them all snuggly into their new home, I felt nice and clean and knowing
I now have an entire extra cabinet... hmm, what to put in there!?!


P.S.  I love organization.   It runs in the family.