August 29, 2012

Mini Cream Cheese Cupcakes

I was preparing game night for the Hispanic Ministry's ESL class where I volunteer
every Tuesday night year round.  The other teacher and I usually take turns bringing
bags of chocolates because our students love, I mean LOVE chocolate.
But who doesn't right?

So, to wrap up our summer lessons, we had game night for August and I decided
to make mini cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and to make it a little more
special I decided to add some fresh strawberries and blueberries on top.


I usually use Pillsbury Cake Mix. For these mini cupcakes...
I used french vanilla. I conveniently use the already made cake mix especially
because I've heard the Cake Boss say he uses already made cake mixes from time to time.


I frosted about 30 mini cupcakes. I added fresh blueberries and strawberries on top because
being the end of the summer it was fitting. The flavor of the frosting being cream cheese
gave it a strawberry cheese cake type of taste which was quite yummy!
It was hard to eat just one, or two, or three.



They were cute mainly because anything mini is often cute. These were so easy to make as well!
I used only one cake mix. The cake mix and frosting was both sugar-free. I guess that's why
I tend to use Pillsbury because they have a sugar-free line!
Pin It