October 11, 2012

Late Thursday----- 15 minute Jambalaya

Most Thursdays... after working late...
it's something quick, and often whatever is left from the frig from the week.
Tonight I decided to throw the quickest veggie jambalaya together in 15
or so minutes.


The ingredients are simply...

a cup of rice (left over Chinese take out)
a can of diced tomatoes
1/2 a red bell pepper diced
1/2 a green bell pepper diced
1/2 of a medium onion diced
1/2 cup of stock (any kind- I used chicken broth)

I made it veggie because I'm slightly tired of meat especially chicken.
I sauteed the onions first, then 2-3 minutes later-
I added the peppers to the frying pan.
I tossed them together with olive oil
and added black pepper, garlic powder rather than fresh grated
simply because I was tired and it was a long day.
I also added a pinch of coriander, cumin, hot pepper powder and paprika.
I added 1/2 cup of stock (you can add water as well)

That was my simple veggie jambalaya tonight.
I almost always have cilantro on hand so I used a few cilantro leaves as a garnish
and chopped a green pepper that I grew in my container garden.

And that's what was for dinner tonight!