December 29, 2013

Shake Shack - King of Prussia review

Shake Shack: Hot Dogs, Burgers, Ice Cream, Frozen Yogurt, Shakes and Beer



Did you know that Shake Shack innovated itself from a hot dog cart?
Yup! Shake Shack's journey all started from a hot dog cart in
Madison Square Garden in Manhattan for 3 summers where lines of crowds
gathered to get their burgers, hot dogs and such.
Danny Meyer of Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG) created the cart
to help support Madison Square Park's Conservancy's first art installation.

Go figure right?  It's always interesting to see where things sprouted from.

After the 3 summers (2001-2003) the store front was established in 2004.
and as Shake Shack says:  "the rest is burger history"

I've tried the one in the city (Philadelphia) and I will say
I didn't really enjoy it. I'm not sure if it was because of all the buzz
about it and my expectations were so high or what but it was just so-so.

I recently was able to experience the one in my back yard.
It's right outside of the King Of Prussia Mall across from the movie theater.




I decided to try it again when the first snow fall of this winter started.

The burgers this time around were way better.
I had the single Shack Burger and it was super juicy and flavorful...
it was heavy on the salt.
I prefer things a little saltier than the average person so it was ok for me.

The fries with the cheese were pretty good as well. Nothing spectacular
but they didn't disappoint like many other places do.



They also have custard among many other goodies to choose from.


The custard was very good but a note to Shake Shack... 
I don't recommend giving out free samples... 
the samples are on the large side--- 
(the picture above is not a sample size or a custard for that matter). 
It's a single size concrete. I saw 3 people in front of me taste a sample 
and not order one simply because their sample was enough for them not
to purchase one.

I'm not sure if it was because of the fact that there was snow outside 
but the inside of the Shake Shack felt almost like eating inside a ski resort. 
Maybe it's the tables... their tables are pretty cool looking.
They have hamburgers branded into the corners of the table.



They are actually part of a bowling alley lane. WHAT!?  Kinda cool.


I would recommend trying Shake Shack but I have a little bit of mixed feelings.
It's a little on the expensive side for what you get but it's worth trying it out!
check out their website for more info and menu options!
In Home Cooking Classes Philadelphia area

Zestfully, Let's Cultivate Food