January 8, 2014

Belkin Crock Pot WeMo Slow Cooker

Ahhhh, technology.
It always seems to amaze me... the things people and companies come up with.

I'm not the biggest fan of a crock pot simply because I think I just
don 't have the patience for it.  I know most slow cooker users
will say that it's so easy because you throw-- often meat and veggies into the pot-
add some seasonings and step away for many hours.
It's the many hours that bothers me. I'm a busy body so I need to be doing something.
I do enjoy using a slow cooker from time to time especially when it comes to a
Holiday meal and you want the beef or whatever type of meat for that matter
to be tender and soft.

I read the other day that there is now a Crock Pot that you can use with your WIFI!
WHAT!?!!!  crazy!     It's similar to the way that you can control your TV or DVR settings
from an app from your smart phone.  You control the settings from your smart device.



It's made by Belkin and Crock Pot. The official name is the
"Belkin Crock Pot WeMo Smart Slow Cooker. "

WeMo is a line of products made from Belkin International where you can
control devices by being simply connected to the internet along with
having sensors. I've read that because these devices are controlled through IP networks
they can be disturbed through other users...  not too worry though because
I highly doubt someone will hack into your slow cooker...

Belkin is also has a Mr. Coffee smart coffee maker and a Holmes smart humidifier
in the works as well.   The slow cooker will be $99 when it comes out in the Spring.
In Home Cooking Classes Philadelphia


Zestfully Let's Cultivate Food