November 15, 2014

Caprese STUFFED burger

Have you ever eaten a stuffed burger?

It is....  delicious.
I took some  ground beef and seasoned it
with a little garlic salt, black pepper, dried Italian herbs,
dried basil and an egg. I made 2 thin patties and in between
the patties I laid some.....
diced tomato (about 2 slices worth)
and some basil cut in chiffonade (thin ribbon like) and added
some fresh mozzarella cheese.
I sauteed  the burger on a pan to char the outside of it and then
baked the rest in the oven on 400 degrees to finish it off.
(about 5-7 minutes)

Once the burger was not pink anymore I turned off the oven
and added a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of the stuffed burger.
Although I turned the oven off- the heat was enough to melt the slice
of cheese.  Once the cheese is melted- you can lay your stuffed burger
on the bun or roll of your choice. I added some lettuce sliced up
and 2 thin slices of tomato. You don't need any ketchup or any other
condiments with this burger because by adding the raw egg - it not only
holds  the burger together but it keeps it moist and juicy as well.
Also being that the burger is stuffed with tomato and cheese inside-
it makes it even more juicy and....... delicious!






Zestfully Let's Cultivate Food