October 20, 2011

Garlic Sea Salt Knots


I love to go to a restaurant and then try to duplicate it at home.
I usually give myself up to 3 tries to perfect it.  With time and practice
just like any thing else.... I seem to not need the 3 tries anymore.... at least lately.

I've always enjoyed the garlic knots especially in Italian restaurants.
So I decided to make my version of garlic knots with sea salt at home.

I took some Pillsbury Pizza Dough and rolled it out on a cutting board.



It made sense to cut the strips of pizza dough with a pizza cutter.
Also double duty. I then tied them in a knot and folded the ends underneath.
I did say  garlic sea salt.... heavy on the salt please.
I grated 2 cloves of garlic and sprinkled the salt on.

I brushed some egg on it with a silicon brush  and laid the garlic knots
on parchment paper to prevent the bottom of the rolls from getting too brown.
Bake in the pre-heated oven on 350 for about 10-12 minutes.


And ta-da! Garlic salt knots at home.