October 23, 2011

October Crack

October CRACK-ed corn is inspired by "The Wannabe Chef"
It's an Autumn snack that can be fairly healthy.... mostly.


I was quite excited to carve a pumpkin this year to make roasted pumpkin seeds.
I carved a face on my pumpkin, washed the seeds, dried them out  and
roasted the pumpkin seeds and during the last 2 minutes in the oven  as I was
spreading out and turning some of the seeds over...
my pan turned over and spilled all over the oven door and floor. ARGHHHHHHHHHH.


So, after getting another pumpkin I decided to forget the face carving and just cut
the pumpkin in half to get the seeds out.



After washing the seeds, I dried the seeds out, and once they were dry
(best if next day)
I just added some sea salt and olive oil.
After about 15-17 minutes- my pumpkins seeds were roasted and
I CAREFULLY pulled the tray out from the oven.


I then made a cup of pop corn and then added some garlic salt to the popcorn
and some craisins and candy corn to be a little festive. (the not so healthy part)



The combination of the salty pumpkin seeds and garlicky pop corn with the sugary candy corn
and tart craisins make you want more and more as you sit and watch your favorite t.v. shows
after a long day whether at the office or with kids.