October 3, 2012

Substitutions when you're BAKING

      
I'm not much of a baker except when it comes to making a cake colorful especially
rainbow colors... especially when it is someone's birthday!

I am a self pronounced Princess of organization but when it comes to memorizing
something... all of a sudden black clouds and fog come upon my head and
it's hard to memorize things... I can remember detailed things from long ago tho...
I wonder what this condition is called... hmmm

either way- when it comes to cooking- especially baking,
I wonder what can be substituted for this or that.

I've done a little researching and now I want to share it with you all!

You can substitute.....

 
black beans for flour
Using a black bean puree helps cut the extra carbs and adds fiber




apple sauce for  sugar
For the sugar to apple sauce substitution: use a heaping but 1/2 of what the recipe
calls for ----- eg: if the recipe says 1 cup sugar: use a heaping 1/2 cup of apple sauce


    
mashed avocados for butter
This measurement stays the same but what you're making will be extremely healthier


  
evaporated milk for cream
The measurement for the cream to evaporated milk substitution is the same but cuts the fat



  
Greek yogurt for oil
For the oil to yogurt substitution: cut the oil amount in half ----- eg: 1 cup oil : use 1/2 cup yogurt